Tuesday, July 28, 2009

525 Week 6

I feel as though most teachers implement all the teaching strategies highlighted in the book. I would like to increase and modify how I Provide Recognition to students. I intend to recognize a group of the month for outstanding cooperation, production, and sharing. I'm not quite sure how it is the group will be chosen, so I could use some suggestions. I will definately have some sort of certificate as the students prepare and exit portfolio from 6th-8th grade, and certificates make a good article. I already implement quite a few of the learning strategies, so I think I will just try to list what I do.



Reinforcing Effort -

reflection passes, homework passes - word processor

Providing Recognition-

Beat the teacher award, Magnificent Marvin Mystery Award, perfect (mental math) weeks award, Outstanding Acheivement Award, Consistant Effort Award - word processing

Homework and Practice-

ACE exercises, review packets - spreadsheets, word processors, online videos, online MC quiz, online vocabulary crossword, graphing calculator

Cues, Questions, and Advance Organizers-
embedded in CMP program - pbworks course site, wordprocessing tables, wordprocessor to create organizers, Poll Everywhere

Notetaking and Summarizing
embedded in CMP program - pbworks course site

Setting Objectives and Providing Feedback
embedded in CMP program, rubrics, grading - pbworks course site, Poll Everywhere, PowerPoint Presentations, online multiple choice quiz, online vocabulary crossword, word processing, spreadsheet, PowerSchool, Survey Monkey

Non-Linguistic Representation
graphic organizers, physical models, kinethetic activities - word processor, Inspiration, PowerPoint, online applet/javascripts, videos, graphing calculators

Cooperative Learning
embedded in CMP program, collaborative reflections, collaborative presentations - pbworks course site, Google Docs and Presentations, Poll Everywhere

Identifying Similarities and Differences
embedded in CMP program - word processing tables, graphing calculators, spreadsheets, Inspiration, word processor

Generating and Testing Hypotheses
embedded in CMP program - word processor, graphing calculators

No comments:

Post a Comment