I was surprised to see how little full price survey software packages offer for online surveying. I suppose larger entities need to make sure they don't just survey those able to access the internet. And, eventhough the online surveys offer printable versions of each survey, the software packages must come with more convenient tools and resources for offline surveying.
Previous to this course, I've only worked with Survey Monkey. After reviewing some of the other online survey tools, I began to really like Zoomerang. Zoomerang offers more for free. The best part is more questions. I am still curious about using Zoomerang's sample tools. It's really convenient, especially as a student, to have at hand a set of people to sample. The first thing I found intriguing about Zoomerang, however, was the opportunity to collaborate on creating the survey. Unfortunately, that, like other convenient options offered by many of the online survey sites, costs money.
I think the best bet, as a student, when it comes to collaborating on the creation of a survey is to do it using a Google Docs form. There are several different question options available, there are several ways to share the form, and the results are automatically put into a spreadsheet where they can be analyzed. At the same time, more than one person can collaborate on the survey creation.
I also think that the versatility and features of Google Docs forms makes it hard to beat. Their products are just amazing - especially at the price.
ReplyDeleteJim