I really felt overwhelmed when I first learned of the course objective: creating a professional portfolio. The picture was way too big for me to comprehend, to imagine. I feel a little better about things now that we have had to explore other portfolios and create a rubric for assessing a portfolio. The experience has allowed me to focus in on one thing at a time. I have some picture in my mind of what it is my portfolio will look like, though I really haven't been able to start creating it yet. I would ultimately like to see my portfolio have the look and feel like http://jessicareynard.net/. This portfolio has a nice balance of personal/emotional content and professional content.
I appreciate the time schedule we have in this course to digest the idea. It's critical for me to take time to envision something like this. Having time is one key factor in being able to accomplish this vision.
Danelle, I also felt a little worried to start this portfolio. When I was at Stout we had to create and E-portfolio which was really a demanding task, I was starting to have flashbacks. I was able to find some good examples online and I think the break will give us all time to work on this course.
ReplyDeleteHi, Danelle!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing an example of a wonderful portfolio! I was also very concerned when I read the title of this course. But, I think that there are many steps in place to help us to have a successful experience! So, I feel grateful that we have the time and guidance to work on our portfolios, rather than just having to have them done on a certain date.