Thursday, April 15, 2010

CED0555 Post 2

So, this portfolio thing may not be all bad. I may be thinking a little broader than what's required, but I learn best when I make a useful product. And though I'm not sure what I will be able to use my MEIT for specifically, I know for sure that I will have to maintain a portfolio in my district. This is why I decided to include the WI Teacher Standards. It's something we need to include in our annual goals and reflections.
I think I will also put a section in my portfolio for my PDPs and reflections I need to submit to my principal. I might have this replace the section I currently have for Credentials and Documents. I think it would be a good idea for everyone in my district to create an efolio to replace our big red binders. This would allow for videos to be included in the evaluation also. This also may ease some of the burden of classroom visits experienced by administrators. The newer teachers will be doing something for their PI34 requirements, and it would give the older teachers, such as myself, a practical application that would require them to learn and use a variety of digital tools.
Huh. I may have just found something useful for me to do...

4 comments:

  1. I really like your idea of keeping your portfolio up to date for license and district/state requirements. I think I will steal your idea and do the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your idea about using the portfolio to help with your PDP. As a fellow PDP'er, I think that it will be a great area to keep all the information contained. It will also look very professional and work good for future job references.

    I also like the idea of utilizing videos because I think it shows so much more interaction and explains it much better than words can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your idea about using the portfolio to help with your PDP. As a fellow PDP'er, I think that it will be a great area to keep all the information contained. It will also look very professional and work good for future job references.

    I also like the idea of utilizing videos because I think it shows so much more interaction and explains it much better than words can.

    ReplyDelete