Eventhough the Collaboration, Leadership, and Climate surveys were hard to apply to the type of team we have, it was a good exercise as it made me think about each question and familiarize myself with the details of contents. I am very much a product person and tend to neglect the reflect and regroup part of working on a team. These are surveys that I will use in the future as they allow for a product in addition to a reflection.
I am thinking of the Change Game in the same way. Being an applied learner, I am finding the experiential activities highly beneficial. There are dynamics in making change that I hadn't thought of before. For instance, learning about who is influential and not, and making the right people aware of the problem and intended change is critical to the implementation of that change.
With help from hindsight and the Analysis of Change worksheet I saw that it took more than just sharing general information to make my principal aware of the need to change the math program at the high school. Taking the time to share the data in a report with our principal and Director of Instruction/Technology would probably have expidited the process.
You are right, you must keep in you process ass the influential people in a process
ReplyDelete