Wednesday, June 23, 2010
CED0565 Session 5
With the barage of information we received this week, I had a hard time wrapping my mind around all of it, so I sought out a little more information and found a couple of videos on System Thinking. (#1, #2, #3, #4) These helped me put together the idea of system thinking and how it affects the change cycle. Once I felt comfortable with the idea of change, I was able to reflect on some of the changes that I have experienced as a teacher at the high school. Through this reflection I came to realize that it feels good to be part of a change if I am given the opportunity to experience the entire cycle of change. Most of the time, I only participate in a change to a limited extent, and that is where the frustration arises. I used to think that it was just bad communication, but even though poor communication plays a role in limiting the change cycle, I know now there are so many more elements to consider. First and foremost, team building and constant surveying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment