Monday, January 26, 2009

I Think I Might Be Getting Used to This Blogging Thing...

OK. Well, I've got something up and running for my class. Actually, I'm pretty excited about it. The kids are responding well. I've gotten several handwritten responses to the January 26th blog, and I just showed them the opportunity today. It was not even a problem when I tried to show them the process of responding to the blog, discovered they may need to have an account, and told them I'd get back to them. Before the end of the class period, some were asking me if the answer they came up with was correct, and if they could just write it down and give it to me.

I'm finding the enthusiasm to learn in most of my 7th graders. At the high school, we may have found the end of the world once I came to the point where they had to sign up for their own account, and I didn't have it ready for them immediately.

The blog, http://cmsmathchallenge.blogspot.com/ , is simply a chance for them to do a little extra math on their free time. I think the use of technology is pulling students who wouldn't give the opportunity a second thought had it been another worksheet. This experience is quite encouraging indeed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment