Well, I'm officially WAY behind in my class work. Bedsides starting behind, I am having a very frustrating time working with my wolfmail. Actually, that's not true... I'm not working with wolfmail at all... ...I cannot get on. (Well, I DID get on once, but about an hour later, I couldn't again.)
Anyway, this on again off again relationship Wolfmail and I have had has created havoc with my sense of well-being. All of the connection process, submitting assignments, heck... even finding assignments has been a bit overwhelming.
My reflection here is an indication of my settling into the course work. I now have been able to access all the information I need to establish a clear set of goals. While reviewing both the syllabus and the assignment schedule, I found this class to be a bit of review of topics in 510, with more of a reflective perspective. I think this is a great way to let the information we have been learning so far, sink in. The accelerate master's has been a challenge keeping up with later this spring, and reflection time (and credit for doing it) is great right now.
Onward to productivity!
I too thought that some of the work would seem redundant at first, but have really liked going back and taking that second or third look at a tool or resource and see how my perspective has changed (or hasn't!). Reflecting on what's been accomplished so far is a great tool to set the mind for what's yet to come!
ReplyDeleteI don't recall the statistics, but we all know as educators that revisiting an idea improves retention and depth of learning. Our course sequence does that intentionally, but it's always at the risk of having people become bored with what is perceived as a rehash.
ReplyDeleteJim